"Building owner-trained service dog teams with trust and confidence to navigate life together.”
Can You Train Your Own Service Dog?
Are you just starting out? Take a look at what is involved before you start! It is a lifelong commitment to a dog!
Make sure you have the needed skills, resources and support! Common questions answered!
Are You Ready to Start?
Once you have determined that you have the ability to have a service dog, there are three areas you will want to know.
- 6 Steps to Getting Ready for a Service Dog
- Service Dog Training Institute Options
- Is Certification Necessary?
Our classes are mobile
Check out our MANY FREE resources to get you started!
- How to Select a Service Dog Candidate
- Our Blog
- Over 300 Free training videos
- Useful Service Dog Links
Class Tuition and Web Cam Fees
"How much does your program cost?"
Our "Pay as You Go" fee structure makes the classes and web cam support accessible as you need them.
In-Person Coaching in Nanaimo, BC (Currently unavailable)
- Classes on Demand
- Buy Only the Classes You Need!
- Get help When You Need It
- No Taxes (GST is included for Canadians)
- US Students get an instant discount due to the weaker Canadian Dollar
- 24/7 Access to Classes for 2 years plus 6 month extensions.
Discover how we can support seniors over 55 years in training their own assistance dog at home!
55 Years Plus
Hearing dog, mobility dog, Alzheimer's support and more!
Resources for Professional Dog Trainers
We offer a number of resources for professional trainers who are helping others in-person to train their own service dogs.
What is our Philosophy and motto? Who will be supporting your team in your journey?
We are set up for online interactions and students who have the capability of doing online classes.
Please do a key word SEARCH of our website for answers before emailing us. Response time is usually within 48 hours.
Please provide us with:
- your province or state
- some background of your situation (your disability/tasks, your dog, how far in training are you etc)
- your specific questions
Scientific Studies Related to Service and Guide Dogs
Today we are learning so much more about service, assistance and guide dogs through scientific studies. This research as a whole can guide us in the direction of how to better interact with, train and meet the needs of service and assistance dogs. As I come across more studies, I will add them on the linked page.